Reports to: Artistic Director and Administrative Director
This is a 37 week contract position. Jan 22nd to Oct 12th 2018
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Head Technician is responsible for overseeing all aspects within the production department. This is a key position within the Theatre that will monitor scenic construction, lightning, sound, props, crew management, and health and safety throughout our summer season.
1. Attends set-ups, dress rehearsals, previews, opening nights and strikes of all productions and guest productions required.
2. Supervises all productions staff and technical activities.
3. Helps plan, supervise and execute construction of all sets.
4. Directs maintenance and ensures smooth functioning of all stage machinery.
5. Liaises and cooperates with administrative staff to ensure smooth operation of the facility and its productions.
In conjunction with the production manager oversees and assists in all lighting and sound level sessions, onstage rehearsals, and previews.
A working knowledge of Lightwright, Vectorworks Spotlight, ETC ION lighting board or ETC ELEMENT lighting boards, Berhinger X32 sound board, AutoCAD, Qlab sound program, EXCEL and WORD are an asset.
Lighthouse Festival Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants interested in the position. http://lighthousetheatre.com/tickets/accessibility/
Please submit a letter of interest and CV by Dec 8th, 2017 by email only (please attach documents in PDF format).
Attention: Derek Ritschel Artistic Director, LIGHTHOUSE FESTIVAL THEATRE
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.