LIGHTHOUSE FESTIVAL THEATRE
Lighthouse Festival Theatre produces and presents eight productions on our Main Stage from May to September, as well as a robust fall and winter series; and has a summer touring schedule which includes our second venue, Showboat Festival Theatre in Port Colborne. The Main Stage at Lighthouse is an 351 seat proscenium theatre, and Showboat Festival Theatre is a 250 seat proscenium theatre.
We are seeking a dynamic professional in the role of Development Officer. This is a full time, permanent position. This person will play a key role in the support and implementation of Lighthouse Festival Theatre’s donor programs and corporate sponsorships. He/she is responsible for meeting assigned revenue targets for annual donors, major donors, sponsors and partners; and to assist with Capital fundraising. This position is responsible for overseeing all donor recognition and cultivation including donor events, special solicitations and personal relationship development. Additionally, he/she will build relationships with community leaders and groups. Working closely with the Artistic Director, the Administrative Director and the Publicist, he/she will play an integral role in the overall success of both Lighthouse and Showboat Festival Theatres.
- Create and execute a strong development plan that includes objectives, strategies, time-lines, and budgets
- Oversee the annual giving program including membership and major gifts
- Develop thematic campaigns to support seasonal giving and youth programs
- Initiate meetings with Lighthouse Festival Theatre patrons to solicit and/or upgrade their support
- Oversee successful implementation of program elements including: stewardship, benefit allocation, renewals, reporting and solicitation
- Prepare individual profiles on donor prospects
- Build relationships with current donors
- Responsible for implementing donor recognition benefits including donor cultivation events
- Coordinate Capital Campaign research on existing and future pledges/solicitations
- Develop strategies, work plans, and identify and qualify potential donors including major gift prospects
- Broaden the base of corporate sponsorship for the Theatre by continuing to develop new kinds of sponsorship opportunities
- Develop a corporate sponsor package, and issue all pertinent paperwork
- Maintain an ongoing cultivation of sponsors
- Communicate all sponsorship information to accounting and marketing departments
- Research foundations to approach for funding and prepare written proposals
- Identify potential sources of government and other funding to prepare grant applications as required
MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented, very organized in a fast-paced environment
- Pro-active and results oriented
- Great attitude, hard-working
Please submit a letter of interest and CV by February 9, 2017 by email only (please attach documents in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat). Attention: Helen Wagenaar, Administrative Director LIGHTHOUSE FESTIVAL THEATRE
Lighthouse Festival Theatre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.