Lighthouse Festival Theatre is seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment in the permanent role of Production Designer.
Established in 1980, Lighthouse Festival Theatre is a significant regional theatre committed to the development of Canadian works and artists. Welcoming 50,000 visitors annually from south-western Ontario and beyond, we produce and present shows during our May to September season at both our 351 seat Main Stage in Port Dover and at the 250 seat Showboat Festival Theatre in Port Colborne. The Port Dover facility is active throughout the year with concerts, special events, community presentations and in-house festivals and productions.
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
The Production Designer is responsible for communicating both Lighthouse and Showboat Theatres’ brand and vision to our patrons. This person will work in conjunction with the Artistic Director, Publicity and Marketing team to create a professional and creative marketing campaign. The Designer will follow the established brand and overall theatre look to determine the optimal layout of graphics and content to produce consistent, high quality materials. The successful candidate will create and build material for new and existing campaigns – from print brochures, print and online ads, office documents, posters, website, eBlasts and online content.
• An expert in layout, typography, color, composition
• Proficient in HTML and CSS
• Familiar with responsive design
• Excellent in your communications and interpersonal skills
• Proven to be experienced creating online content
• A person with the ability to thrive in a team-driven atmosphere
• post-secondary degree and/or a minimum of four year’s experience related to production design
• strong communication and interpersonal skills
• strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative, Photoshop, inDesign
Salary commensurate with experience.
(This is an On Site permanent position, 5 days each week, minimum 25 hours)
Interested applicants should submit a resume and on line portfolio by September 30, 2016 to: Helen Wagenaar, Administrative Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be received by email; no phone calls please.